Applications will be open to fully financial members of NZEI or NZPF who meet the following criteria
- Currently employed in a permanent position in the education sector, a state or state integrated school, early childhood education centre or by the Ministry of Education
- Have at least 10 years of consecutive service in the education sector employed in a New Zealand school or early childhood centre or by the Ministry of Education prior to the year of application
- Have been a full financial member of NZEI or NZPF for at least five consecutive years immediately prior to the year of application
- Have been active in professional associations, networks or groups relevant to the dissemination of their project
- Hold a post graduate qualification in a field related to education.
The purpose of the Scholarship is to provide educational leaders with the opportunity for research study
that honours the work of Dr David Stewart